Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Counselor's Corner: Why Waking-Up Early Gives You an Advatage Spiritually





I have discovered becoming an early riser is one of the best things that I have ever done. Maybe you’re not a morning person, I know I was not; but you can discipline yourself to become an early riser. Waking-up early gives you an edge spiritually, and through this article I will uncover the benefits of the early riser.



Perhaps you want to get up early but need some help knowing how. Listed below are techniques that I have used and that work.


►Practical Tips to Help you Start Getting Up Earlier:

1.      Set a time that you want to awaken. A good time to aim for is between 5-6am. Set your alarm and do not hit the snooze button when your alarm goes off. You most likely will need to go to bed earlier, most people need at least 7 hours of sleep nightly.

2.      Go to bed and get up at the same time every morning. Consistency is the key. It only takes 4-5 days of waking-up and going to bed at the same time to adjust to your new schedule. You most likely will feel sluggish and sleepy upon awakening and possibly the first few hours of the morning, that’s normal. Your body needs the time to adjust, so start slowly waking-up early. Adjust your awaken time by 30 minutes the first week and 60 minutes the next week.

3.      Do something that you love first thing in the morning like sipping a cup of hot coffee or tea or listening to your favorite sermon/message.

4.      Allow yourself an extra 30-60 minutes of sleep if needed on the weekends and of course if you are not feeling well, extra sleep will be needed.

5.      Drink a full glass of water to hydrate your body and as a way of getting your body moving.

6.      Reward yourself at the end of the week if you have maintained getting up early. Getting up early is not easy for many and you should reward your discipline.



►Why Waking-Up Early Gives you an Edge Spiritually:

1.      It’s quiet, no noise and no distractions from people, phones, texts or emails. Who do you know is up at 5:30am texting or sending emails? You can have uninterrupted time praying, reading your Bible and talking with God.

2.      Starts your day off in the right direction. Starting your day first thing in the morning with God increases your chances of a better day and one that filled with peace as you place your cares and concerns first thing in the morning with God and not carrying them around with you all day.

3.      You can follow Christ’s example. Christ Himself liked to wake-up early. “Rising very early before dawn, He went off to a deserted place, where He prayed.” Mark 1:35

4.      Scriptures speak of early rising.

For direction for the day: “Let me hear you in the morning of your steadfast love, for in You I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for I lift up my soul.” Psalm 143:8



To get a head start before the watches of the night: “My eyes are awake before the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.” Psalm 119:148



To hear the Lord’s voice before the distractions of the day drown out His voice: “In the morning, O Lord, you will hear My voice; in the morning I will order my prayers to you and eagerly watch.” Psalm 5:3



5.      You can command your morning and cancel and frustrate the plans of the enemy. “Lord, you visit me every morning.” Job 7:18.



“I will have dominion over the devil in the morning.” Psalm 49:14



“Have you commanded the morning since your days began and caused the dawn to know its place, that it might take hold of the ends of the earth, and wicked shaken out of it.” Job 28:12-13



One purpose of early morning prayer is to take hold of the ends of the earth and shake the wicked out of it. You can pray the wicked will be shaken from your neighborhood, city and church. Commanding your morning sets the day against the powers of hell and against the powers of darkness. Instead of the day being set against you, you set the anointing of God against every curse, spell, jinx, hex, vex, and all other wickedness that would come your way.



“Let the judgements come upon the enemy morning by morning.” Isaiah 28:19

In the morning you can declare God brings judgement and justice to the earth.





Early Morning Prayer You Can Use When Arising Early:



            Father, I thank you that I am assured that when I seek you early, I shall find you. I purpose in my heart to get under the anointing of the early riser and the first fruit of my morning shall be holy; therefore, my entire day shall be holy. As I command the morning and capture the day, time is being redeemed. I decree and declare a new day, a new season and a fresh anointing. In the name of Jesus, amen.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

What to Do When You Are Disappointed

A relationship does not work out, a job does not go through, or your prodigal child that you have been praying for does not seem to lea...