Monday, February 5, 2018

Wod of Encouragemnt: When You're Not Invited!





Yesterday afternoon while outside I overheard one of my neighbors discussing being invited to another neighbor’s birthday party. I pretended I was not bothered by the fact that I was the only surrounding neighbor not invited to this party, but I could almost immediately hear the whispers of the enemy. I could hear the taunts, “What’s wrong with you that you where not invited?” and “They just don’t like you.” I began to be concerned about why I was not chosen, not picked and overlooked. I felt like I did when I was in school where if you did not meet certain criteria you could not be in the girl’s clique. I never have fit into a mold or a certain group and because of that I was often not included in the popular groups. I don’t think there is anyone who can say they did not desire to be in the popular crowd in school, and even to a large extent still want to fit in and be popular as adults.




Reflect: How does it make you feel to not be included, overlooked or not invited? Do you care about what people think of you? Do you wonder if there is something wrong with you not them? The “root” to not being included or invited is rejection. Rejection speaks loudly, “You’re not good enough.” Be careful with dwelling on the lies that come after you experience rejection. It is easy to believe the lies that you are overlooked, not liked or that there is something wrong with you. Hold your head up high and walk in confidence that you are a child of God, and though rejection can be painful God has chosen you for a special purpose.



You may never know why certain people don’t include you, but don’t want something that God may be trying to protect you from. Some people believe they are better than others because of the color of their skin, their wealth or their social status. God does not call you to be inclusive, prejudice, haughty or have an elitist mindset.  



Be you! Be who God created you to be! Be unique! Stand-out of the crowds and let your light shine for all men to see. Some will be offended by the light in you, but others will be drawn to the light. Let your light shine anyways. Don’t prove yourself to anyone, just be the light.



Meditate:

·         If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. John 15:18, ESV




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

What to Do When You Are Disappointed

A relationship does not work out, a job does not go through, or your prodigal child that you have been praying for does not seem to lea...