Weapons of Our Warfare
We are in an unseen spiritual warfare. There is a battle taking place, and you may not know who or what is behind this. You may feel alone, maybe your church has never discussed this topic. Perhaps you need to know what you are going through is part of the Christian walk, however, God has given us some instructions for the warfare.
The enemy wants to destroy your walk with God, and will make attempts to do so. It is not a matter of if you will engage in this battle, but when. You must be prepared and guarded for this time. Victory is yours, but sometimes you will go through battles of the unseen world. Be of good courage, because the Lord will see you through. Just don’t give in during the warfare. The struggle may seem endless and hopeless, but that is a lie of the enemy; keep pressing through until triumph.
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:12
Those who are not “flesh and blood” are demons over whom satan has control. We don’t fight with people, but these unseen forces. They are a powerful army whose goal it is to defeat Christ’s church. When we believe in Christ, these demons try and turn us away from Christ and back to sin. Although we are assured of victory, we must engage in the struggle until Christ returns.
We need supernatural power to defeat satan, and God has provided this by giving us His Holy Spirit within us and His armor surrounding us. We do not fight alone, nor must we try and engage in this warfare alone.
Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. Ephesians 6:16
What we see are satan’s attacks in the form of insults, setbacks, and temptations. But the shield of faith protects us from satan’s fiery darts. With God’s perspective, we can see beyond our circumstances and know that ultimate victory is ours.
What are some weapons of warfare:
1. Prayer. Ask The Lord to dispatch His Warrior, guardian angels.
2. Praise; play worship music in your home continually.
3. Stand still and allow God to battle for you.
4. Trust God and have faith that the victory will come.
5. Use the authority you have in Christ to command the enemy to flee.
6. Plead the blood of Jesus over yourself, your family, home, and children. The enemy knows what Christ’s blood represents.
7. Close any “open” doors that you may have opened to the enemy, such as unconfessed sin.
8. Watch what you say. Don’t get into agreement with that the enemy is showing you. Confess God’s Word instead. Speak what God says. Satan fights with lies that sound like the truth, so we must speak and know God’s Word.
9. Know who you are in Christ. Satan will attack your self-worth, and your emotions. In other words, what does God say about you.
Read Ephesians 4:14-18