Counselor’s Corner: Secure Your Borders When Your Defenses Are Down
Wounded soldiers that are engaged in battle know that when they are hit repeatedly by the enemy’s arsenal of weapons they cannot fight as strong. Other stronger soldiers take wounded soldiers off the front line of battle and apply any first aid and allow the solider to heal before going back out into the war zone. Christians, we are in a war zone! There are times that we are hit repeatedly by the enemy’s arrows with the hope that continual assaults will cause us to go down. When your defenses have been weakened through the spiritual battles you face; it is time to secure your borders.
Reflect and ponder: Do you feel like arrows have been thrown at you so many times by the enemy, you are not sure you can stand from the blows?
How do you know if your borders need to be secured?
1. Repeated attacks or threat of attacks. You do not feel as safe and secure when you don’t know where the next attack will come from.
2. Fear of when the next strike will come. Feeling on guard and on high alert.
3. Battle fatigue. The constant assaults have caused weariness.
The enemy knows that the wounded are the easiest to keep down. If you have been repeatedly struck by the ammunition of your adversary, your defenses may be down. Inspect where your borders have been breached and reinforce your artillery.
How to secure your borders and strengthen your defenses?
1. Get alone with the Father as much as possible. Take off your schedule what is not necessary to be able to hear the Holy Spirit. During this time ask the Father for a Divine strategy.
2. Walk and pray the perimeters of your home and property. Ask the Lord to bless your home and property and to remove anything that is unclean or unholy in the name of Jesus. If you have any anointing oil, anoint your property and every room in your home and as you do so say, “Cover this room/property in the blood of Jesus Christ.”
3. Praise and worship God as much as possible. Praise even when you don’t feel like it.
4. Read scriptures over yourself, your home and your circumstances. The Word of God is a defense against the enemy’s lies.
5. Be careful who you are hanging out. The people who you hang around can have a huge influence in your life, and if your defenses are down the enemy can use people to further weaken your borders. Being around people who encourage a godless lifestyle will not help to strengthen your borders. Surround yourself with strong Christians who can encourage and pray for you.
MEDIATE ON THESE SCRIPTURES:
And I will set your border from the Red Sea to the Sea of the Philistines, and from the wilderness to the Euphrates, for I will give the inhabitants of the land into your hand, and you shall drive them out before you.
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you or forsake you.