Hope in the Waiting
|HOPE AND WAIT FOR HIM|
What have you been waiting for God to answer, or what promises are you waiting for Him to fulfill? Waiting is most difficult, and if we are not careful we can grow weary and despondent as we wait. Sometimes we may even lose hope, as hope deferred can make our hearts sick. What lies have you believed about God and His love for you because you are tired in the waiting?
Here are some practical steps that you can take as you wait:
1. Enjoy your time as you wait. So many of us do not enjoy our lives as we are waiting for things in our lives to be fulfilled.
2. Stop being all wrought up, anxious, and worried all the time. Have peace as you wait, peace that God does hear and know your prayers and desires.
3. Stop fretting. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and stop your self-pity. It will only make matters worse. CHOOSE to be thankful for the things that are good in your life, and don’t CHOOSE to reflect on what you don’t have. Actively look, seek the good in your life.
4. Revive your hope and stir up your dreams and desires again. Take time to ask and seek God for a new vision for your life, and to rekindle the promises that he has already given you.
5. Seek God first above everything else you desire, you want, or you are waiting for. Simple, but so many of us just don’t put God first. Time in His presence will fill you up and bring answers to your thirsty soul.
6. Stay away from desiring to have someone else’s life. You are unique and God has a unique plan for your life, so don’t compare your life to others or want what they have.
7. Be content with the lot you have been given and the lot you are currently in. Contentment breeds peace and joy.
Here are some scriptures that have helped me personally get through the waiting times:
Wait for the Lord,
Be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27:13-14, NIV
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
For His compassion never fails.
They are new every morning;
Great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion, therefore, I will wait for Him.”
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him.
Lamentations 3:22-25, NIV
Though He brings grief, He will show compassion, so great is His unfailing love.
For He does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of God.
Lamentations 3:31-33, NIV
Here are some things to meditate on from the above scriptures and to replace any lies that you have been believing about God and His love for you as you are waiting:
1. God encourages us to wait for Him.
2. The Lord has great love for us and His compassion for us never fails.
3. The Lord is faithful.
4. The Lord is good to those who hope in Him, and to the ones who seek Him.
5. Though God does bring grief, He shows us compassion and great is His unfailing love.
6. God does not willing bring affliction or grief to His children.
To order a copy of author’s book, Wilderness Mentality, Stop Your Stinkin’ Thinkin’ go to www.createspace.com/4036785